Welcome to the
Desert Vista High School
Women's Volleyball program.
Tuesday, 9/23 vs Centennial at home!
Congratulations to the Desert Vista Varsity Volleyball team for winning the Westwood Tournament of Champions with a 9-0 record.
Congratulations to the following players who have committed to play volleyball in college.
Maggie Byrne-Quinn: Colorado School of Mines, Colorado
Hailey Harward: Long Beach State, California (indoor and beach)
Rachael Kramer: University of Florida, Florida
Kirstyn Sperry: Bryant University, Rhode Island
Jenna Tunnell: Pepperdine, California (indoor and beach)
On-Line Tax Credit Donations
The Tempe Union High School District now has an on-line form to allow you to submit your Tax Credit Donations.
Mission and Vision
Desert Vista is a recognized and well respected volleyball program in the state of Arizona. The success of our program is a direct reflection of the hard work our players put in during the season as well as in the off season. You can expect success that is measured beyond the win-loss record. Success is within the journey as much as it is about reaching the destination. Our success is about uniting a group of individuals to pursue a common goal and overcoming individual differences in order for the team to achieve its potential. Success of the athlete excelling on a personal level on the court as well as off the court by being a part of something bigger than the individual. Our success is about teaching life skills through sports that are necessary to be a winner. The expectations are high for Desert Vista volleyball players. Being on the Desert Vista Volleyball team is a commitment to hard work and dedication that requires the selection of athletes who "bring something special to the court and their team".
- Arizona 5A Semi Finalist/3rd place finish 2010
- Arizona 5A State Runner Up: 2004, 2008
- Coach West named Tribune's East Valley 5A Coach of the Year: 2004
- American Volleyball Coaches Association All Academic Team Award 2003-2006
- Central Region Champions: 1999-2001
- Central Region Runner Up: 1998, 2002-2005, 2007
- Qualified for state tournament: 1998-2001, 2003-2013
- Ranked in the top 10 teams in the 5A state rankings:
- 5A State Playoff Finishes:
2nd place (2004, 2008),
5th place (1999, 2000, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2013)
- Ranked 9th in the nation by vball.com: 2000
- Coach West voted Central Region Coach of the Year: 1998 and 2001
- Coach West selected ESPN.com coach of the week: October 2000
- Fiesta Region Player of the Year:
2009 (Betsi Metter)
- Central Region Player of the Year:
2007 (Abby Simmons),
2003 (Leah Lathrop),
2001 (Renee Lathrop),
2000 (Nicki King)
- All-Arizona Player:
2008 & 2009 (Betsi Metter),
2007 (Abby Simmons)
- East Valley Tribune Player of the Year: 2007 (Abby Simmons)
- AZ Republic Southeast Valley Player of the Year: 2008 (Betsi Metter)
Send comments to
Hosted at The Small Business Authority