Welcome to the
Desert Vista High School
Women's Volleyball program.
ATTENTION TO ALL INCOMING AND RETURNING PLAYERS FOR 2015! ALL ATHLETE'S MUST SIGN UP FOR ADVANCE PE FOR THE ACADEMIC SCHOOL YEAR 2015-16. IF YOU ARE SELECTED TO A TEAM, YOU NEED TO BE ENROLLED FOR THIS CLASS. PLEASE CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION FOR COURSE NUMBER OR YOU CAN CALL COUNSELING FOR THE COURSE NUMBER.
Summer weight training info: Brochure will be posted in April under "camp" page. Cost is $125. Days are Monday/Tuesday/Thursday 8:30-9:30 am starting June 1st and ends July 9th. Any player trying out for a team in August is expected to enroll in this summer weight training program. Open gym dates are posted for Tuesdays only in June. Friday morning ladder or track work is also listed as "either". TBD. Be sure your physical is completed AFTER March 1st 2015 and submitted to athletic office before May 15th to be cleared for summer training.
On-Line Tax Credit Donations
The Tempe Union High School District now has an on-line form to allow you to submit your Tax Credit Donations.
Mission and Vision
Desert Vista is a recognized and well respected volleyball program in the state of Arizona. The success of our program is a direct reflection of the hard work our players put in during the season as well as in the off season. You can expect success that is measured beyond the win-loss record. Success is within the journey as much as it is about reaching the destination. Our success is about uniting a group of individuals to pursue a common goal and overcoming individual differences in order for the team to achieve its potential. Success of the athlete excelling on a personal level on the court as well as off the court by being a part of something bigger than the individual. Our success is about teaching life skills through sports that are necessary to be a winner. The expectations are high for Desert Vista volleyball players. Being on the Desert Vista Volleyball team is a commitment to hard work and dedication that requires the selection of athletes who "bring something special to the court and their team".
- 2014 Division I State Champions!
- Ranked #2 in the country by Max Preps November 13, 2014
- Coach West named Big School Coach of the Year 2014
- Jenna Tunnell is DV's first Gatorade Player of the Year and AZ Dairymen's All American
- Jenna Tunnell Big School Player of the Year 2014
- Ranked #8 in the country by Prep Volleyball November, 2014
- Arizona 5A Semi Finalist/3rd place finish 2010
- Arizona 5A State Runner Up: 2004, 2008
- Coach West named Tribune's East Valley 5A Coach of the Year: 2004
- American Volleyball Coaches Association All Academic Team Award 2003-2006
- Central Region Champions: 1999-2001
- Central Region Runner Up: 1998, 2002-2005, 2007
- Qualified for state tournament: 1998-2001, 2003-2013
- Ranked in the top 10 teams in the 5A state rankings:
- 5A State Playoff Finishes:
2nd place (2004, 2008),
5th place (1999, 2000, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2013)
- Ranked 9th in the nation by vball.com: 2000
- Coach West voted Central Region Coach of the Year: 1998 and 2001
- Coach West selected ESPN.com coach of the week: October 2000
- Fiesta Region Player of the Year:
2009 (Betsi Metter)
- Central Region Player of the Year:
2007 (Abby Simmons),
2003 (Leah Lathrop),
2001 (Renee Lathrop),
2000 (Nicki King)
- All-Arizona Player:
2008 & 2009 (Betsi Metter),
2007 (Abby Simmons)
- East Valley Tribune Player of the Year: 2007 (Abby Simmons)
- AZ Republic Southeast Valley Player of the Year: 2008 (Betsi Metter)
Send comments to
Hosted at The Small Business Authority